Monday 5 January 2015


Well, I was not prepared for that exam. It was the math exam, and who is ever prepared for math? I didn’t study at all. I walked into the gym, why was it always so cold? First things first, where was my seat? They always take so long to give the instructions, I’ve done this before, I knew what to do; the teacher’s voice sounded like a record stuck on replay. Finally they said go. It started out fine, there were factoring questions and fractions, which are not my favourite but they were easy enough. Then I got into the arithmetic and geometric sequences and I lost it. Did we learn this in class? All I could hear was the annoying scratch of pencils, and the click-click-click of calculator keys. Did I mention it was cold? Why didn’t I wear sweater? The paper next to me was taunting, but no, I would never cheat. I could feel my seat growing warmer as I sat there panicking. I moved onto the next question, I didn’t know that one either! The paper in front of me was quite soft but those questions were hard. I could hear my watch ticking away precious minutes. I decided to do my best, which wasn’t much. Never again would I say “no way, I don’t need to study.” I do need to study! That was the worst experience of my life. A month later I got the result, 70%, I passed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment