Monday 3 November 2014

Homework Blues

    As I shuffled into the classroom, I knew that Mr. Van Camp would never believe me. I looked at my scuffed shoes and mumbled, " My homework is not here, Sir. I do have a good excuse though."

       " This is not the first time your homework has not been completed. Perhaps," Mr. Van Camp suggested, "it's time to speak with your parents."

       "Please, you have no idea what will happen to me if you phone my home," I moaned. It looked as if he was going to fall for my story.

      "Well, let's hear your excuse. It better be good."

     "Well," I began, "yesterday I had my homework done. I'm not lying."

     "Sure you did." interjected Mr. Van Camp.

     I continued "I was finished so I decided to go to a movie with my friends. We went to see 'Big Hero 6' it was awesome! I didn't get home till late."

     "Where is this story going?"

     " I have a point sir. I promise."

     "Then make it!" prompted Mr. Van Camp.
    
     "Okay! I got home late, and I walked into my house and there was fluff everywhere. I was angry because my dog had gotten my favourite stuffed animal, but then I looked a bit harder and there was paper along with the fluff." I explained.

     "Seriously, 'my dog ate my homework'?" exclaimed Mr. Van  Camp, "That is the oldest excuse in the book!"

     I blurted " Let me finish! It wasn't my dog, it was my cat."

     Mr Van Camp looked flabbergasted. "Your cat? You expect me to believe that? I am calling your parents."

     "I knew you wouldn't believe me."

    

No comments:

Post a Comment